Taravat Talepasand x West End Select Shop: Desert Camo Army Jacket
Artist Collaboration: Taravat Talepasand
“IRAN IRAN IRAN IRAN” explores the constructed nature of national identities as they’re negotiated within the tumultuous relations between the US and the East and West at large. Controversial terrain of pop-cultural obsession and youth rebellion as they pollinate back and forth across cultural boundaries. “Made in Iran, Born in America” collection explores the critical boundaries and borders that separate places and people—questioning, transgressing and mediating on both the systems of separation as well as a seemingly growing need for intensifying said divisions. Fashion is a way to proclaim your own image and views to the world, thus the collection is a way to protest, support, and proclaim that we the people will not stand for injustice, hatred, racism, sexism and banning our right to be free in our country ‘Tis of Thee; United States.
- Hand silk-screened and hand painted on a West End Select Shop silicone-washed vintage army jacket
- Oversized fit
- Farsi lettering on right arm reads "Peace With Iran"
- Interior artist stamp
- Handmade artist label on outside of collar
- Original army patches left on
- Model is 5'3" and typically wears a size XSmall and is wearing the size Medium
- Fabric: 100% Cotton