True Portland: The Unofficial Guide for Creative People "2017"
- (with maps and itineraries) to what and who makes Portland tick.
- for Portland's lively food and drink scene, ranging from its chef-owned restaurants, food carts, and pop-ups to local coffee roasters, specialty tea businesses, craft beer brewers, hard cideries, urban wineries, and cocktail culture.
- on Portland's progressive, free-spirited side, including skateparks, cycling, independent record labels, independent presses and bookstores, tattoo shops, LGBTQ businesses, and even vape shops.
- at close-in Portland locations, including the International Rose Test Garden, Forest Park, Mt. Tabor (the city's favorite dormant volcano), and the Vera Katz Eastbank Esplanade.
- farther afield, such as the Willamette Valley (Oregon's beloved wine country), Mt. Hood, the Columbia River Gorge, and the Oregon Coast.
- a brief history of Powell's Books, the lowdown on Portland's myriad record shops, stylish clothing and furniture designers, neighborhood farmers markets, historic beer-and-pizza movie theaters, diverse art galleries, neighborhood parks, the surrounding urban forest, stand-up comedy, and a month-to-month guide to Portland's favorite celebrated annual events.